Protein-Chocolate Bliss Balls (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Are you looking for a delicious & easy-to-make snack that's high in protein and healthy at the same time? If yes, these protein-chocolate bliss balls will be the perfect treat for you. They not only taste amazing but are also packed with protein, antioxidants and healthy fats.
There are a lot of misconceptions about protein these days. But one is clear – protein is essential for your health. Your body needs protein to make hair, blood, connective tissues, enzymes and more.
If you want to increase your daily protein intake, protein-rich meals are a must and some protein-rich snacks on the side can give you an extra boost. These protein-chocolate bliss balls are made from our cacao protein bars and are covered with protein-infused chocolate and toasted almonds for a dose of healthy fats. They're the perfect, wholesome snacks for an extra protein boost.
PROTEIN-CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
Makes 8 bliss balls
- 4 (160g) The Beginnings cacao protein bars
- 50g high quality vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. hemp seed protein
- a small handful of almonds
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- for toppings – freeze-dried berries, chopped almonds, dried edible flowers or your favorite topping
- Lay a pan with a baking paper, spread over the almonds and toast them in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 10 - 12 minutes (keep an eye on them as they can burn easily!). Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature.
- Make the bliss balls – divide The Beginnings cacao protein bar into two parts and roll each part into a ball, putting a toasted almond in the middle of each ball. Place the balls in the fridge to set.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate. In a saucepan, heat about 2 cm of water. Set a heatproof bowl with the dark chocolate on the top of the saucepan (make sure the chocolate doesn’t come into contact with water!). Stir chocolate occasionally as it melts. When it's melted, add coconut oil, about a tablespoon of chopped, toasted almonds and protein powder. Stir well to combine.
- Drip the balls into the chocolate and use a fork or spoon to roll them for an even cover. Place them on a baking paper to dry. Sprinkle with desired toppings – extra toasted almonds, freeze-dried berries or any of your favorite toppings.
- Place the bliss balls in the fridge to set for about an hour. Store the leftovers in the fridge.